Access to the WashU OnCore application requires:
- Completion of role-based OnCore training. Roles include:
- Clinical Team: Users who will need to register/manage individual patients in OnCore.
- Financial Coordinator: Users who need access to the financial console and will enter pre/post award data.
- Regulatory Role: Users create new protocols, submit to PRMC, track IRB records, and keep protocol statuses up to date.
- View Role: Users can view protocols and consents, print documents, and do effort tracking.
- External Coordinator: Non-WashU coordinators only. Manage individual subjects and track visits.
Verification of HIPAA training from the user's home organization.
Anchor Access Requirements Access Requirements
- Please note that documentation must demonstrate that the user completed a HIPAA workforce training course at their home institution. Covered entities are required to demonstrate their workforce has been trained on the HIPAA Privacy, Security, and Breach Notification Rules, and typically provide a certificate of completion for verification that can be used for this purpose (see example).
- HIPAA training content nested within Human Subjects in Research (HSR) training courses (e.g., CITI or NIH HSR trainings) does not qualify as documentation for this level of HIPAA training, as it is not as in-depth and does not cover institution-specific requirements for breach-reporting and other related policies. All users must provide documentation of HIPAA certification prior to obtaining access to OnCore.
- The OnCore Support Team (OST) at firstname.lastname@example.org or 314-747-0347 can confirm HIPAA certification for WUSTL and BJC employees within our eLearning systems. External users should provide documentation to the OST per the instructions below.
Instructions for Access Requests:
Table of Contents minLevel 2 outline true style none