Updating BioMS Adaptor for caTissue2.0A v1.0 to v1.1
This document describes the steps for updating an existing BioMS Adaptor for caTissue2.0A version 1.0 deployment to BioMS Adaptor for caTissue2.0A version 1.1.
2. Update Instructions
- Shutdown caTissue JBOSS server
- Take a backup of the caTissue DB (for recovery if any error occurs during update)
- Take a backup of the caTissue Jboss folder (for recovery if any error occurs during update)
- Unpack the BioMS adaptor package, this will create a folder bioms-adaptor and will be referred as BA_HOME in the remaining of this document.
- Copy $BA_HOME/war/2.0A/bioms-adaptor.war to CATISSUE_HOME/ jboss-5.1.0.GA/server/default/deploy/deploy.last folder (where CATISSUE_HOME is the the home folder of caTissue were the 1.0 adaptor is deployed)
- Set environment variable BIOMS_HOME to point to the current .bioms folder, e.g BIOMS_HOME=/home/bms/.bioms. In the adaptor 1.0 setup the folder will be at the users home folder. With BioMS adaptor 1.1, the adaptor configuration folder need NOT be at the user home, the folder can be moved to any where else with BIOMS_HOME set to point to the new location. Set the BIOMS_HOME environment variable in .bashrc (in linux) or in system environment for windows. If you choose to move the .bioms folder to some other location from its current location, update the log4j.appender.R.File property in .bioms/log4j.properties to point to the new location.
- Edit $BIOMS_HOME/bioms-adaptor.properties and add the following line to the end of the file
and change the value of the existing property catissue.events.pollinginterval to 10000 from the current value of 10
For WASHU Deployments ONLY :Configure syslog logging in catissue jboss server, Edit <jboss>/server/default/conf//jboss-log4j.xml add or uncomment and edit the existing SYSLOG appender to make it look like the following
Add the following to the <root> element at the end of the file
Run the following SQL update command on the caTissue database
- Start caTissue Jboss server.
- Check the jboss server.log and make sure both catissuecore application and bioms-adaptor application are started successfully.
- Check the syslog server for the server and console log and configure daily rotation of the log file
- Check $BIOMS_HOME/logs/bioms-adaptor.log and look for messages like the following showing up every 10 secs
18:11:55,852 INFO [STDOUT] 2012-10-08 18:11:55 SyncMessageReceiver [DEBUG] No mssage received, sleep for 10sec before trying again...
18:11:58,113 INFO [STDOUT] 2012-10-08 18:11:58 CaTissueChangeListener [DEBUG] Fetching record from Catissue event